New Users Get Error Page...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Users Get Error Page...

My site (and vBulletin) are brand new to me, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but...

... When new users sign up (register) for my site, they recieve the e-mail with the link to click on, but the link takes them to a blank page with an error message. What do I need to do to correct this?

Thank you for your help!

Have you modified any templates or files? Did you put in the correct location for your Forum URL in the Admin CP?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Have you modified any templates or files? Did you put in the correct location for your Forum URL in the Admin CP?
      Steve, the only modifications I've had done by a guy versed in HTML is the addition of a graphics header to the top of the page and the VB buttons were centered (left to right) under the header. To the best of my knowledge, that's it. I checked the URL on the control panel and it is correct. What could be causing this problem?

Thanks!

Comment

Well since this works with the standard vB my thought was that something was changed on your end - either the templates or the URL. What is the URL to your forums and what exactly did you enter in the admin cp?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Well since this works with the standard vB my thought was that something was changed on your end - either the templates or the URL. What is the URL to your forums and what exactly did you enter in the admin cp?
          Steve,

The URL is www.yachtforums.com. That is the address in my admin cpanel as well. Please help. I have ads commencing in a few days to promote it.

Thank you!

Carl

Comment

The problem is that you have the wrong URL to your forums entered in the Admin CP. You have:

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums

...and it should be:

http://www.yachtforums.com

Steve Machol Photography

Comment