How do I....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I....?

How do I make the forums show threads from 'the beginning' in each forum instead of 'last 30 days' without having to keep changing it manually?

Thanks!

for everyone? or for your self?

for your self, change it in your usercp

Comment

everyone.

Comment

anyreason you want to set this as a default?

Comment

It might become frustrating.

How do you turn the subscribe to thread off because my members find it really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
            anyreason you want to set this as a default?
            I want this as well. It's because when a guest or even members view a forum that may have good discussions in it but not always that active, there is a chance that posts have not been made in 30 days. When you view the forum and this is the default forum option for viewing a thread, no threads come up. It gives the illusion of a dead forum yet there are many threads in that particular forum, just not as active as some other forums on your board.

Guests will always be defaulted to 30 days, thus I also want the entire forum to default to "the beginning" when showing all threads in a forum. If a user is registered, it's their choice to set it otherwise.

Syl...

Comment

Run this query:

UPDATE forum SET daysprune=1000
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank-you for the quick response.

Syl...

Comment

Working...
                X