How to delete items in admin CP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to delete items in admin CP?

An unsuccessful hack (I've deleted all uploaded files and reverted other files to their originals, as well as delete all corresponding tables in MySQL) left a host of entries in the Settings list and vBulletin Options interface of the admin CP. I can isolate all files to be deleted via Templates -> Search, but cannot delete them: "change original" is the only available option on them (i.e., "remove" is not). Original hack writer cannot be found; but more generally: How does one eliminate a "Settings" item, in both the Settings list and the vBulletin Options (the interface on the right)?

I'm running 2.3.0

Thanks

What items exactly are you trying to delete? It may be that the hack you installed made changes to the setting table on your database. If so, you will need to remove these items manually from the db.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

They're "Quiz Options" from the hack VBQuiz, repeated several times under the standard vBulletin options (e.g., Upload Options, Who's Online. I'm thinking now that I'll need to go to your suggestion to manually remove them from the db.

Thanks.

Comment

If I do need to remove them from the db, under what table(s) would I browse? (I'm using phpmyadmin)

Thanks.

Comment

Steve,

I just now noticed that you'd already given me the answer: setting table. It's late here ). Will do that shortly.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X