No announcement yet.

changing colors, avatars, and uploads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing colors, avatars, and uploads?

First of all, thank you for giving us the chance to beta the new release. I know it's been a long time coming, and wanted to pass along my thanks and congratulations.

A few questions for you:

1.) How/where do you change the colors? Don't get me wrong, I think the default settings are attractive, it's just that I don't want to copy your style.

2.) Avatars - I tried to upload a few avatars, which said they were successful, but when I display them, the graphics are a red X. Any ideas? Is there a size limitation?

3.) User uploads - is there a directory I need to create? If so, what should the name be and where do I need to put it, and do I CHMOD it to 777?

Thanks in advance!!!!! Looks like the memberlist bug has been reported already, which is the only thing I've seen. Look forward to getting the docs on how to migrate messages from 1.1.5.

1) Styles. Click [edit font/colors] next to the Style you want to change.

2) Replacement Variables. Make sure that the imagepath variable is pointing to the correct default directory.

3) No. Attachments are put into the database.

To migrate your messages you simply have to upgrade your 1.1.5 message board using the provided upgrade script.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you. I'm not sure I understand the response to question 2. I see a variable called imagesfolder, and if I click on the 'add' area, there are three dialog boxes. What is suppost to be entered in these boxes?

Comment

Just what they say...

1. What style set do you want to apply this to? Choose Default if you don't have extra styles yet.

2. what do you want to name it? Should be { imagefolder } (without the spaces).

3. What it should be replaced with... this would be the path to your images.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X