Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong redirect after email form

Hello,

after using the emailing form users are redirected (thank you for sending an email...) to the form, where they can reset their password?

Anyone knows what went wrong here?

I am using a vb 2.3.2

Thanks,
    -Tom
    http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Hmmm...do you have any hacks installed? This behavior doesn't occur with the default vB.

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay, I'm on the way...

Thanks Steve

cu,
      -Tom
      German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Please tell us what the problem was, as I'm experiencing the same thing. I do have hacks installed, but if I can at least find out why this guy who has no hacks installed is having trouble, I can narrow it down. I just upgraded to 2.3.2 and am now having this problem, and wasn't before. Thanks.

Comment

Steve, please give us an update on this once it's figured out. I really would like to know how to solve this problem.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't remember which support ticket this was. Thomas would need to provide the support ticket number so I could look it up.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The support ticket number was [SID-62670-83ded7ab]

Unfortunately I haven't got the time at the moment to look deep into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludachris
                Steve, please give us an update on this once it's figured out. I really would like to know how to solve this problem.
                Thanks for providing the ticket number Thomas.

The problem is in some extra php code that was added to his phpinclude template. When he uses the default templates, the problem goes away.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Well, to be honest, even if I take out the phpinclude part the problem exists.

But you're right, only with my modified templates the problem exist

Comment

Yeah, it was a little unclear in the phpinclude template was the problem or some other changes you made. We were able to determine it was one of these changes because the problems did not occur with the default templates.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The thing is, the URL pointing to the email page is the same. I don't understand how the templates being changed should affect this if the links are not changed.

Comment

The headinclude and phpinclude templates can have code that affects vB's performance. If you still have this problem with the default vB files and templates, then fill out a support ticket. If you do not have this problem with the defaults, then it's caused by one of your changes.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

okay, so I figured out the problem. It's in the Mailform template. The new template has the following line of code (in red) which wasn't in the old template:

< form action="member.php" method="post" >
                          < input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" >
                          < input type="hidden" name="url" value="$url" >

It's near the top of the template. Hope this helps others who may encounter this problem.

Just to explain how I came across this problem - I upgraded from an older version of vB and all the sudden I was experiencing this problem. It wasn't the result of a template change I made after I upgraded - it came about from the upgrade. So anyone who has customized templates, be aware that some things may no longer work right after you upgrade. Be sure to have your members help you QA your forum to help point out things like this.
                          Last edited by Ludachris; Tue 11th Nov '03, 1:08pm.

Comment

Wow, you got it!

Thanks a bunch and @vb Staff: Please add this to your Knowledge Base

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X