X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving user table to new forum

Okay, here is the simple problem but I can't find an answer:

1. I download user.sql, usergroup.sql and useractivation.sql from old forum
    2. I install the new fresh forums, then dropped the table user, usergroup and useractivation.
    3. I run the files *.sql in phpmyAdmin, those files are from 1.

Result: The new board has all the users the same as old board. Which is good.
    Problem: In new board, I can't move the user from one group to another. I clicked [list all users] on the right side of the Registered group, which has 1914 users, but it says No users found matching those criteria.

I did the same thing on the old board, it list all the users.

What did I do wrong? I double check everything, the usergroup ids are the same, all the sub-table under users are the same. Why I can't list the users in the new forum?

Please help, I'm really appreciate it.
    My forum's vB3 version: 3.6.8

You forgot the userfield table.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Darn, worked like a charm, thanks Steve.

I didn't forget though, I didn't want to transfer them because there are fields that I don't want to use anymore. But I should have move it exactly the way it was before remove any unwanted field.

[Edit]One more questin Steve, what would happen if I move only User table and not any other table? Being not able to list users like I had before, would it lead to not be able to change the permission of the users too?[/edit]

Thanks again,
      Last edited by Nam; Fri 17 Oct '03, 9:33am.

Comment

I got another problem, I can't register at the newboard. This is the error I got:

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.2:

Invalid SQL:
        INSERT INTO useractivation
        (useractivationid, userid, dateline, activationid, type, usergroupid)
        VALUES
        (NULL, 2944, 1066500309, '91405271', 0, 2)

mysql error: Unknown column 'usergroupid' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Saturday 18th of October 2003 12:05:09 PM
        Script:
        http://www.mysite.com/forum/forum/register.php
        Referer: http://www.mysite.com/forum/register.php

It seems that there is wrong path in the script, which suppose to be only one forum/register.php.

What I did was moving user.sql, usergroup.sql, useractivation.sql and userfield from old 2.2.9 to the new 2.3.2, everything is working for current members except that the new member get the error above. Please help?

Comment

You can't use a 2.2.9 db with 2.3.2 files. You need to update the database to the latest version by running the appropriate upgrade scripts.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

But all I wanted to do was to transfer user table and nothing else. But the 2.3.2 is a fresh install, there is nothing to upgrade from.

You mean I have to update the old 2.2.9 to 2.3.2 first, and then move all those user table to the new 2.3.2 board?

Comment

The tables are from 2.2.9 and need to be updated to 2.3.2. The easiest way to do this would be to update the 2.2.9 database first.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
              X