Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Notification Problems

Hi

I'm running VB 2.3.2 and recently admins have not been getting notifications of new users of forums they are subscribed to.

It was working previously and i'm certain nothing has been changed in the board setup.

I've checked all the obvious settings from the CP and also tested mailing from the email users option to check if it was a server problem but that worked fine, so i'm a little stuck as to what else to look for.

thanks.

There is no email notification for forums in vB2.x. This feature has been added to vB3.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      There is no email notification for forums in vB2.x. This feature has been added to vB3.
      Arrgh dammit, i guess i'm getting confused from when we we're using IBF previously, oops

But the subscribe to forum option is there so is that an inactive funcion? i thought at least with 2.x you could get notifications of new topics or replys to posts in a forum you were subscribed to.

Comment

Argh, well i just received a dump of around 25 emails all from the last 24 hours, all at once so i guess there must have been a big mail queue on the server as the notifications for subscribed threads are there also.

Sorry to bug you, thanks for your help.

Comment

Are you running vB2 or vB3? As I said there are no email notifications for forum subscriptions in vB2.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

We are running 2.3.2 mabye i misworded my post the emails i'm refering to are from subscribed threads not forums, my mistake. I wasn't getting these before but as i said it seems to have just been a server problem with the mail queue.

Does v3 have the option for notification of new members aswell as forum subscriptions?

Comment

Yes, vB3 included the option to get daily or weekly email digests on new posts in a forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
              X