Disabling session IDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling session IDs

I want to optimize my vbulletin forum to allow search engines to spider it. I was told at that I need to disable session IDs to achieve this. How can I do that and what effect will that have on my board members?
    Diesel Records

I don't believe that is sufficient. Chek over at vbulletin.org. I believe there is a hack for vB2 to make it spiderable.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I need to disable session id's to allow a site search engine to spider the forums. After spending substantial time searching, I've decided to just ask as bluntly as possible.

Is there, or is there not a way to disable session id's for anonymous non-registered users without having to hack anything? I'm using Stable version 2.3.0

Comment

Not with out hacking.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.
          Again, another blunt question: is there a stable, known hack out there that can do this for me with minimal finger poking? Also, are there any ill side effects of doing this to your forum, with the exception of the obvious (not being able to track anonymous users usage)?

Comment

You should really ask this at the hacking site - vbulletin.org.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Gotcha... thanks for the info.

Comment

Just so your aware, vB3 is spiderable by default and only useses session ids when absolutly nessary

Comment

We are thinking of upgrading to vB3 from 2.3.0, but in the meantime I was looking for a short term solution to a more immediate problem. Are there any known bugs with vB3? Most of the posts I've seen have been good, but I'm leary of fixing something that isn't really broken...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X