• Show
Clear All

• AllCdnBoy
    replied
    ok, i'll try that ... thank you

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I still suspect a change you've made in vB is causing this. I've never heard of this problem with the default files. To find out for sure, install a brand new test forum on this same server with all the default styles and templates. If you still have this problem, then fill out a support ticket with access to that test forum. If you don't have this problem, then this means it's some change in the vB you installed.

Other possibilities include changes to the templates, most notably new code in the headinclude, header and phpinclude templates.

Leave a comment:

• AllCdnBoy
    replied
    I have removed all the hacks and tried that and still having the same problem.
    However, due to the sensitivity of the information in the forum, I cannot give access to the DB, Admin CP or FTP ... I was hoping for suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Remove all your hacks and if you still have this problem, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Also make sure you leave the default vB files in place.

Leave a comment:

• AllCdnBoy
    started a topic retrieving lost passwords

retrieving lost passwords

Hi,
    Here are some quick facts:
    - I'm running vB 2.3.0.
    - the whole site is under SSL
    - the forum is closed to all non-members

Description: Someone loses their password and wants to reset it. They submit their email, click on the link in their email and get to a page that says something to the effect of "click here to change ur password" and it should go to a form asking for your old password (from the email) and the new one with a confirmation of the new one ....

Problem: since the forum is closed, non-members (those not logged-in) get redirected to the login page when trying to get to this form to change their password.

if this is simply an update thing, then I will do the upgrade, but I've made many mods to the files themselves, and would really prefer not to. I suppose I can put in a hack to elimite the login for this particular case, but I would prefer to have the vB fix then mine.

Thank you.
Working...
X