Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

About a month ago my hosting company did some "maintenance" work on our server and ever since then the performance of the site has been horrendous. There are many time out errors, many errors of page not found and extremely slow, even the admin module. I've complained to them about and they are offering to move the site to another server. They are saying that since it is php, they recommend a unix server, however I remember when I had the good folks at Vbulletin initally install my board they recommended an NT server which it is currently on. I can't seem to recall the reason we put it on an NT server intially and not a unix system.

Also what are the things to look out for when they move it to another server? Will my site be down for a while or can I have them install it on another server and then just re-direct the ip to the new server once it has been tested?

I'd appreciate any and all advice.

I find it hard to believe anyone from Jelsoft would recommend a Windows server over a Unix/Linux server. Strange!

You should ask them what their migration plan is and how long they expect the site to be inaqccessible.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
    X