Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Explorer does not show my forum, Opera does!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer does not show my forum, Opera does!

I have a big problem. My forums ( http://lineage.gamigo.de/forum/ ) can be viewed in Opera 7.20 and Mozilla pretty well. But Internet Explorer showes nothing or just the half of the website.

That is just after I have restore a backup of the forums on a new server. The HTML and php code was not touched.

What did I wrong?

Make a backup of your template set and then revert all templates. Reapply your changes template by template until it stops working again, then you will know what code is causing it.

Comment

I have not touched the templates after the restore.

Comment

It works fine for me in both IE and Mozilla.

Comment

not loading for me.
          Iam getting a time-out.

(Mozilla 1.4)
          That's the end of that!

Comment

Works fine for me with IE 6.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

very strange. I have tons of emails, that it does not. For me as well. I use IE 5.5

Comment

It doesn't work for me in IE6.

You may not have touched any of the templates since the restore, but I would still go through, revert all templates (after making a backup) and reapply customizations template-by-template until it stops working and then you will have your answer.

Comment

tubedogg, I will try so.
                  thanks

Comment

hello again.

Ok, i revelted all templates by just adding a new styleset, that uses the default templates. I and many other users get the same error as above.

look yourself: http://lineage.gamigo.de/forum/index.php?s=&styleid=3

Comment

Originally posted by NORRITT
                      hello again.

Ok, i revelted all templates by just adding a new styleset, that uses the default templates. I and many other users get the same error as above.

look yourself: http://lineage.gamigo.de/forum/index.php?s=&styleid=3
                      That means that you did not revert all templates. You actually have to click "revert all templates". You can do this just for that style if you are worried about doing it on the main one.

BTW: I too am not seeing anything in IE6, all is fine in Mozilla.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X