Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moderator Permissions when creating forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator Permissions when creating forum?

Hoepfully, this hasn't been asked. It probably has and I'm just searching wrong!

We have numerous moderators of unrelated forums. We also create many private forums and only give access to select groups of users. The issue seems to be that when a new forum is created, all moderators get access to it by default. I know there must be an easy way around this, but I'm confused a bit by the permissions.

Basically, we want to be able to create a brand new forum that no one (except Admins of course) has access to unless we add them...mods and super mods included.

Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by the_beav
    Hoepfully, this hasn't been asked. It probably has and I'm just searching wrong!

We have numerous moderators of unrelated forums. We also create many private forums and only give access to select groups of users. The issue seems to be that when a new forum is created, all moderators get access to it by default. I know there must be an easy way around this, but I'm confused a bit by the permissions.

Basically, we want to be able to create a brand new forum that no one (except Admins of course) has access to unless we add them...mods and super mods included.

Thanks in advance...

After creating the new forum, do the following:

Admin CP-->Forums & Moderators-->Permissions-->[select a forum]-->[select a usergroup]-->[edit]

Just edit the usergroups, and make it so no other usergroup except for Admins has access to the forum from this section.
    Attached Files
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment