Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the 2.0 upgrade process...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the 2.0 upgrade process...

Hi--

As it appears that 2.0 will be coming out quite soon, I have a question. I currently have a UBB running which is live but am switching over to VBulletin. I bought my license last week and have installed 1.1.5 and it appears to be working just great. I imported the members, forums, and posts over flawlessly but still have the UBB running as I wanted to upgrade to 2.0 before I actually really transfer. My question is this though when the 2.0 beta is released:

Is it better to upgrade to 2.0 and then re-import all messages over from the UBB?

Or should I import them into 1.1.5 and then upgrade to 2.0 ?

Does it matter ?

In either case I would close my UBB first and I would format the templates while the board is live. The functionality will be there initially and I'll customize it a bit later.

Thanks !

ThePenguin

This question is kinda redundant now...

John
    John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

Well not really-- I'm still not sure what to do.

Is is better to do a final import and then upgrade or the other way around ? Or does it really matter ?

Please advise. I'd like to be doing one of them tonight. < grin >

Comment

2.0 is now out...check the members area

Comment

Aacck...

I know its there-- I'm quite excited and will be downloading it momentarily. Thanks.

But what is the suggested order ? If it doesn't matter, I'll just import and then upgrade.

Thanks...

Comment

1.1.5 -> import -> upgrade:
            * more tested
            * have to reindex the search after upgrading which can take a LONG time

upgrade -> import:
            * less tested, but probably works as well as 1.1.x version
            * don't need to reindex the search as this is done while importing.

Take your pick

Comment

Thank you. I'll go with the more tested method and import and then upgrade. My board isn't *that* big compared to many I've seen (8500 posts) so I'll just patiently wait while it reindexes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X