Problems staying logged in from home network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems staying logged in from home network

Hi guys. One of my members has recently reported the following problem.

He has installed a broadband cable modem and has a two PC home network using one PC as the gateway.

Using this configuration he can't stay logged in to the board.

I'm assuming this is a cookie problem - maybe because the forum is seeing the IP address of the cable-modem (which is different from his PC)

Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions? I have told him to check all his cookie settings and to remove cookies for my board but he hasn't got back to me yet. I'm just trying to preemt his reply and have the next suggestion ready for him

I'm having the exact same problem with 3 of my members. One of them being an admin here on the same network. Me and one of our sales guys can stay logged on no problem all day long but he is always being asked to login, especially after he has been away from his pc for awhile.

TIA,
    Last edited by Artaxerxes; Thu 2 Oct '03, 2:43pm.

Comment

Cookies have nothing to do with the IP address or the cable modem. Probably a corrupted cookie - either delete all cookies or manually remove the one(s) related to your forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X