Installing onto Interland VPS Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing onto Interland VPS Server

Okay, I'm moving servers and plan on reinstalling vbulletin on a new Interland VPS account I have (Linux). It's like your own server but it's actually virtual. Quite nice. $50 to host up to 30 domains.

Anyway, when I had previously had it installed on a different server I had to add paths at the beginning of all the files so the program could find the protocol or whatever you call it to run PHP. Being that VPS is setup quite differently does anyone know what special steps I may need to take to get it up and running?
    Diesel Records

I haven't had any experience with Interland in a couple of years, and the experiences I had weren't good.

I know that they used to install PHP as a CGI module rather than an Apache module, which requires you to put the paths as you had before. This is a very inefficient way to run PHP and places a greatly increased load on the server.

You would really have to ask them, though, how they have it installed. If it's as CGI, you will have to get the proper paths.

The good news is, you can do a mass replace if you have transferred your former files. Just get a good text editor like Texpad.
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X