Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you search within a Thread

Hi

Is it possible to search within a thread specifically rather than an entire Forum?

The problem being we have some threads which are 10 pages long on certain subjects of interest.

Our users complain they do a search but it only directs them to the thread in question, as some of these threads can be over 12 pages long , they then have to read through the entire thread page by page to find the info they want.

Is there a better search function available?
    Is it integrated into version 3?

Regards
    SIMES

You can't in stock-vB, but there was a hack released by Erwin @ vBulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by assassingod
      You can't in stock-vB, but there was a hack released by Erwin @ vBulletin.org
      Thank you, how do i contact Erwin, is that his actuall email

[email protected]?

Also I clicked on search on this forum, and there is an extra option we don't have where you can put a tick in the box to search within an actuall thread, that is what I want, is that a hack or just a cool new feature in version 3?

ps When weill version 3 be available

Comment

There has not been a exact released date for vB3. This "Search in Thread" feature is currently available in vB3.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesT
          There has not been a exact released date for vB3. This "Search in Thread" feature is currently available in vB3.
          Thanks James

In that case we will just wait for Vb 3 instead of installing hacks.

Comment

If you havent already, Use a Non-Public vB3 running on your webhost. Play around with it, get used to it. Make sure to put .htaccess on the folder you install it to

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X