• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Database - HELP!

This is the second time in two month now I get this message:

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS threads FROM thread
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'thread.MYI'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016

The whole Forum went down and nothing works anymore, though I can still reach the Admin CP.

It looks like the Forums crashes and I got another message a few hour ago. What is wrong?

Thx in advance.

Originally posted by Bonee70
    This is the second time in two month now I get this message:

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS threads FROM thread
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'thread.MYI'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016

The whole Forum went down and nothing works anymore, though I can still reach the Admin CP.

It looks like the Forums crashes and I got another message a few hour ago. What is wrong?

Thx in advance.
    Hi Bonee70,
    I think you will want to check out the following link. Best of luck to you.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69171

rick

Comment

Ty!

Comment

How often does this happen? I've only had my site online for a week now and finally opened it to the public last evening and this morning the database's were corrupted.

Cheers...
        Steve

Comment

It will contunue to happen if your host doesn't upgrade to MySQL 4.0.16 or 4.0.17.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My servers operates with PHP version 4.3.2

Comment

My post talked about MySQL, not PHP.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                My post talked about MySQL, not PHP.
                Thanks for clearing that up, as you can see I'm easily confused... My server is currently running MySQL version 3.23.

Comment

You know this is quite frustrating, I moved away from the free board software in hopes that this wouldn't happen. Now it's happening more often then it did with the freeware. Actually it's happened twice in the last two day, is there any fix for this because I can't make my webhost upgrade their version of MySQL.

A correction to my last too, my host is running MySQL 4.0.13
                  Last edited by Chevy II; Wed 11 Feb '04, 1:02pm.

Comment

This is a problem with all versions of MySQL4 up to 4.0.16 and it affected all PHP/MySQL BB systems - not just vB. There were also reports like this on the IPB and phpBB forums. The busier your forums are, the more likely this problem will occur. The fix is to upgrade MySQL to 4.0.16 or 4.0.17.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

This is a problem with all versions of MySQL4 up to 4.0.16 and it affected all PHP/MySQL BB systems - not just vB. There were also reports like this on the IPB and phpBB forums. The busier your forums are, the more likely this problem will occur. The fix is to upgrade MySQL to 4.0.16 or 4.0.17.
                      I have been working with my webhost and they have come said that they will upgrade in time. They say that presently they are using the most stable version of MySQL.

They told me that if I'm facing forum (VBulletin board) problems, there
                      may be problem your this custom forum itself, or it's database. As their MySQL is working fine. They also told me that I can try their forum
                      from my vdeck --> power plugins --> phpbb. Which I will after I post this.

They said my database should be small & proper for normal working of my forum (today I backed up and it's 11meg (is this small?)

I know the only fix appears to be the MySQL upgrade to 4.0.16, but they seem to think the problem may be my forum. The database on my board online for just over a week and it's corrupting once a day, this is obviously too much and unacceptable. HELP

Steve

Comment

Your host is wrong. Thiis is a well-known and documented problem with MySQL4 that was fixed in version 4.0.16. Although this post says it was fixed in 4.0.15, the real fix came is 4.0.16:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=69803

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Your host is wrong. Thiis is a well-known and documented problem with MySQL4 that was fixed in version 4.0.16. Although this post says it was fixed in 4.0.15, the real fix came is 4.0.16:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=69803
                          Steve,
                          Thanks so much for your help, with your recent reply I was able to convince my webhost to upgrade their version of MySQL. I just logged in to my USER CP at my host, and I see that we are now running "MySQL 4.0.18 running on localhost as [email protected]".

I now hope this will solve my database corruption problem...

Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X