Post Attachment Expiration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Attachment Expiration?

Many people are concerned about the post attachment feature because of database size or backing up or bandwidth, etc. So...

Is there an option to make post attachments expire after like a week or something. That would give users time to download the attachment if they were involved in that thread but still keep the database size to a minimum since the attachments would be automatically pruned after "x" amount of time.

I love that idea
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

Woot! I made a smart!

Should I post this in the suggestion forum then? ...I'll do that if no vBulletin dev responds to this.

Comment

Or as a possible alternative that there is a maximum amount of space permissible for all attachments. Once this is reached, the oldest ones get erased. That would also stop it from growing out of control....

Comment

Great idea indeed!

If not a feature of vB 2.0 then a hack can be released very soon.

Comment

This won't be added to v2.0

I understand where you coming from though.

Or as a possible alternative that there is a maximum amount of space permissible for all attachments. Once this is reached, the oldest ones get erased. That would also stop it from growing out of control....
            I was going to add a feature like this but simply ran out of time. It will have to wait for the next version.

Comment

Come on... I gotta say it

When is the next version after 2.0 coming out?

--WildWayz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X