Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads not visible

Hello,

We have recently moved our forums to a new server, formerly RH 7, currently RH 8. The PHP version is 4.3.3, mysql is 4.0.14. The problem is that the forum categories do not show any threads (even though there is a post count for them). When I run a search threads do turn up in the results, and I can read them, I can even access threads directly by thread id. I am in the process of reindexing the search index, but it does not seem to be making a difference. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

They might be threads older than your default view age.

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Modify -> Default view age

Comment

Thanks Jake, but this isn't it, all threads are missing, even threads that I have test posted (and there are 27,691 threads).

Comment

I need your forum URL so I can see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
          I need your forum URL so I can see the problem.
          http://www.htmlforums.com

Thanks

Comment

Weird.

The first thing we should check is your templates followed by your files. Try reverting your forumdisplay templates if they are customized. Then try uploading the original php files.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
              Weird.

The first thing we should check is your templates followed by your files. Try reverting your forumdisplay templates if they are customized. Then try uploading the original php files.
              Hi Jake,

The templates and files have not been edited since the server move (it has been a few months since they have been touched).

Comment

We still need to eliminate those two possibilities. If you send me a private message with an admin login for your forums I can take a look at your templates to make sure everything is OK.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Your server appears to be down right now, but I got to poke around in your Admin CP for a few minutes.

This problem is only happening when "the beginning" is selected for the view age. When I select any of the other view ages it works fine. I don't know why this is yet.

Comment

Hi Jake,

Router bug, please try again now. Thanks.

Comment

Next I want to try uploading the original php files. I need a FTP login for your server to do this. If you have any hacks installed and want to keep your modified files, you should back them up.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Thanks, we're working on it. I will keep you updated.

Comment

Hi VB Team, is there any progress on this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X