No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,

I have an 95x232 .gif file and apparently I'm able to upload it as an avatar to any vbulletin board including 2.x.x and 3.x.x. Please see the screenshot below which is taken from vbulletin.org.

I tracked the roots of the problem and as far as I can see it is related to the getimagesize() function of PHP so I doubt this will qualify as a vbulletin bug. It seems to be a more likely PHP bug because the function returns the image's sizes as 1x1 in the 1155th line of member.php so vb is helpless to deal with the image. However I'm reporting it anyway in case I'm wrong or devs would like to check themselves too. And perhaps you may like to use your own function on this instead of depending getimagesize() but I'm not sure if this problem worths dumping default function of PHP and coding yours. Just FYI anyway..

I don't attach the .gif file that can pass the restriction due to security reasons. I can provide it privately upon request of vb team members. I will not send it to you if you are not vb team member or vb dev. so please do not ask, thanks in advance. For the same reason I'm not sharing my ideas publicly about how the bug can be reproduced as we don't want people exploiting it and posting huge avatars in our boards.

Cheers,
    Logician
    Attached Files
    Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 3.7.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
    I do NOT do custom work, so please do not PM/email me for such projects. Thanks for understanding..

Did you try enabling this option?

Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options -> [Upload Options] -> Allow Image Size Checking Failure?

On some servers, calls to getimagesize() may fail for currently unknown reasons. If you are affected by this, you will want to set this option to "yes". However, users may be able to get around your image dimension limits!

Comment

It does not matter whether this option is YES or NO.. At least not for the particular image I'm uploading successfully..
      Logician's Blog | WebTemplates for vb 3.7.x : VB Integrated Content Management System
      I do NOT do custom work, so please do not PM/email me for such projects. Thanks for understanding..

Comment

Is this just a regular GIF image?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve please check the thread in private forum in vb.org. I also attached the image there.. Thx.

Comment