Mysql error number: 1203

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysql error number: 1203

Over the past three days, I have had my mailbox full of error messages stating the following:

Database error in vBulletin :
    Link-ID == false, connect failed

mysql error: User [email protected] has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

mysql error number: 1203

Date: Wednesday 03rd of September 2003 05:48:12 PM

Script: /vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=5235

Referer:

What is strange is that all of the errors occur over a 2 to 5 minute period. I'll get around 50 email messages over such a time span. As soon as I find out about them, I check our forum, and everything seems normal. This is happening two to three times a day.

My first thought is that it may be caused by a search engine spider, but I have "robots.txt" active to exclude our forum and this seems to be working. It is rare for our forum to have more than a dozen online members at a time. I'd appreciate any help in tracking down what is happening.

Regards
    Don McRitchie
    Webmaster
    Lansing Heritage Website
    http://www.audioheritage.org
    Last edited by Don McR; Wed 3rd Sep '03, 4:48pm.

max_user_connections is a variable set in MySQL to limit the number of connections to the MySQL server. Your host would be the only who is able to tell you how many connections are allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
      max_user_connections is a variable set in MySQL to limit the number of connections to the MySQL server. Your host would be the only who is able to tell you how many connections are allowed.
      I have a likely suspect for the cause of the problem and just need confirmation. Someone posted a 60 page booklet on our site as 60 posts, each with a jpg attachment. The connection errors appear to be triggered whenever a number of people try to view this thread at a time. Only some of the images will load before the errors begin. I'm guessing that each attachment constitutes a separate database connection. This would appear to be confirmed by the above error message that states the script "attachment.php" is calling for the connection. Does this make sense?
      Last edited by Don McR; Fri 5th Sep '03, 9:10am.

Comment

I suppose that's a possibility, and it would certainly tie in with the error being generated by attachment.php.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X