File upload sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wluke:

would it be possible to set it so that user x can only download the attachment if they are logged in? ie a registered member? This would then solve my major problem very easily and would in fact make using the database be better.

I am being converted here....

avatars could still be a slight problem, not going to force people to be logged in to see those still this is getting better.
    Christopher Padfield
    Web Based Helpdesk
    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Looking at attachments.php, I would say this is easily possible.

Right now it looks for "canview" permission to permit downloads. If that were changed to "canreply" permission then only usergroups able to reply would be able to download them.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

wicked, that is excellent news and solves my major problem and may also help as a way to increase registered members. thanks wayne for this.
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Thank you wluke!

Comment

Originally posted by etones
            It was a killer feature for me too, but i know I wont use it becasue to me it seems that the whole dev team had been smoking weed for 12 hours straight whilst takin back double whiskies when they made the decision... absolutely stupid, and they know it
            agreed

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X