Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple answer to why my database keeps crashing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple answer to why my database keeps crashing?

I am running 2.3.0 and have been for awhile. It was runnign fine for months till the last month or so. I keep getting database issues. I usally have to go in and repair the THREAD thingy then optimize it then I am ok for a few weeks or so then it starts crashign again. Getting INSERT to THREAD errors messages and those MYI error messages. I go into my database and see that today for instance the THREAD table once again is the issue. When I tooked at it today it was saying IN USE in the type field. I ran a repair and optimize and it had MyISAM in it like all the rest and I was able to post to the site again with no issues. WHy all the database issues all of the sudden? How do I fix this for good. Is this a 2.3.0 issue? I have been running this Vbull for my www.yesfans.com site for 2.5 years and I have more database crashed in the last month then combined for all the rest of the time.
    Tim L
    www.yesfans.com

This is a well-known bug in MySQL 4. Supposedly it will be fixed in version 4.0.16. Read these threads for more details:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt....15#post522210
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=69803
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Wed 3rd Sep '03, 10:23am.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Happened again tonight. I was tryinng to move a post from one forum to another forum, I got as far as selecting the forum to move it too and when I click yes to move and leave a redirect I got this.....

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO thread (threadid,title,lastpost,forumid,pollid,open,replycount,postusername,postuserid,lastposter ,dateline,views,iconid,visible) VALUES (NULL,'AAHHHH!!!!!!! Forum Improvement NEEDED!!!!','1062551941','29','8033',10,'6','marklovesyes','3207','1yesfan','1062545832',' 29','0','1')
      mysql error: Duplicate entry '8034' for key 1
      mysql error number: 1062
      Date: Tuesday 02nd of September 2003 09:19:31 PM

Then I went BACK to the forum it originated from and when I tried to click into that forum I got this.......

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:
      Invalid SQL:
      SELECT
      thread.threadid
      FROM thread
      WHERE thread.forumid = 29
      AND thread.sticky=0
      AND thread.visible=1
      AND lastpost >= 1059960066 AND sticky=0
      ORDER BY sticky DESC, lastpost DESC
      LIMIT 0,20
      mysql error: Got error 127 from table handler

mysql error number: 1030

Date: Tuesday 02nd of September 2003 09:21:06 PM

Once I repaired and optimized the THREAD sql in my cpanel it went away and I was able to move it and go back into the orig forum.
      DO you think upgrading to the next vbull would take care of this Should I restore to an OLDER backup that I still have from be4 all these crashes took place.
      Tim L
      www.yesfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1yesfan
        DO you think upgrading to the next vbull would take care of this Should I restore to an OLDER backup that I still have from be4 all these crashes took place.
        No, upgrading vB won't fix this. As I said:
        Originally posted by Steve Machol
        This is a well-known bug in MySQL 4. Supposedly it will be fixed in version 4.0.16. Read these threads for more details:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt....15#post522210
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=69803
        There's no need to restore a backup if the errors have been fixed.
        Last edited by Steve Machol; Wed 3rd Sep '03, 10:22am.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          No, upgrading vB won't fix this. As I said:
          There's no need to restore a backup if the errors have been fixed.
          They only odd thing here is that the site I run is on a server with 6 others running on the same MYSQL software using vbull also and those sites are fine. How can that be????????????
          Tim L
          www.yesfans.com

Comment

This has something to do with the relative use of the thread table vs. other tables. Nonetheless this is a MySQL bug. If you check the support forums for other MySQL-based BB systems you will see that they are experiencing the same issues.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X