Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with User Permissions

Hi,

I am running VB 2.3.2 and I was after some help with permissions etc.

Basically I run a team forum, and so I have a Hidden Staff Forum and Hidden Council Forum,

Council can see both and staff can only see Staff, the way I have done this is by creating two additional User Groups,

1) EJ Staff
    2) EJ Co-Council

Then I set the usergroup permissions using the Forum & Moderator Permissions tab, BUT . . .

Now I want to make the EJ Staff Moderators of the normal forums.

So my questions

1) How do I add a whole group of moderators, instead of all staff individually?

2) If I add them as Mods to a forum does that effect the permissions they have on viewing the staff and council forums?

I hope you understand what I mean. If not feel free to contact me on ICQ or MSN:

MSN: [email protected]

Address: http://207.44.218.132/forums/index.php

Thanks

VirusEJ

1. You can't make a whole user group Mods. This requires hacking the code.

2. Even if they are Mods, their user and/or user group needs to have specific permission to access that forum.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      1. You can't make a whole user group Mods. This requires hacking the code.

2. Even if they are Mods, their user and/or user group needs to have specific permission to access that forum.
      Thanks for your quick response.

I have managed to make certain users Mods simply by adding them as mods in the forum Add Moderator section, and it doesn't effect there user Status. WICKED

But . . .

You talk about hacking the code? Is it an easy hack or is that not something you guys can talk about on here.

Comment

We don't discuss or support hacking the code here. Try asking over at vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X