replied
    Originally posted by Matt Whelan
    Lighten up.
    Okay then. Thanks for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Whelan
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Sorry about that but you were given the answer twice and chose to ignore us. Please note that we do not support of discuss hacking on these forums. You'll need to ask for help with this over at vbulletin.org.
    I don't know how to do any hack, I do however know how to edit post counts. I just needed further clarification if the "hack" was a simple editing of member count. I asked for this clarification and it wasn't provided. Lighten up.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Ya, I know nothing about hacking. I didn't know if hacking ='ed editing the member count, like you can with post counts.

Steve, you can come across as not very nice sometimes, in the past and with your latest reply. Thanks.
    Sorry about that but you were given the answer twice and chose to ignore us. Please note that we do not support of discuss hacking on these forums. You'll need to ask for help with this over at vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Whelan
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    As was mentioned this requires hacking. Continuing to ask here is fruitless.
    Ya, I know nothing about hacking. I didn't know if hacking ='ed editing the member count, like you can with post counts.

Steve, you can come across as not very nice sometimes, in the past and with your latest reply. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As was mentioned this requires hacking. Continuing to ask here is fruitless.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Whelan
    replied
    Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Whelan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. HillBilly
    Theres a hack on vb.org I think for this
    I know I can edit mine and others postcount, could I just add back however many members accounts I delete to the total #, similar to editing my post count...??

Thank you for the replies.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. HillBilly
    replied
    Is there a way I can keep the users registered amount but delete the users accounts? Thank you.

Theres a hack on vb.org I think for this

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Is there a way I can keep the users registered amount but delete the users accounts? Thank you.
    Not without hacking.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Whelan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bema Jinn
    replied
    Before pruning posts, make an "archived posts forum" and just search through all posts from which time you want to prune, and move all the quality and important ones to there so they can be remembered and cherished for times to come.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. HillBilly
    replied
    I own acura-legend.com( www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin )

My forums have grown a lot since January of 2002. With that, a lot of posts, and a lot of members have been accumulated. I get database error emails a lot, and I was told pruning my site may help on space.

Some members register but never post(and probably never come back, much at least).

I've seen www.aximsite.com warn of deleting members that havn't been "active" in the past 3 months or so I think it was. If I deleted members from 3 months ago & on with 0 posts, would that help reduce space? I would love to do this if it saved space, but I would also love to retain my "registered members" count. Is this possible?

I would also like to delete unnecessary posts that don't belong. I'm confused on the pruning thing. I don't want to accidentally delete important posts.

I've been going through deleting certain old posts on my forum but it takes forever. Is there a way I can "prune" and view the contents of threads before I delete? I need to reduce space.

Please help. Thanks.

Back up your database via SSH and then play with it. You can always restore it.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Whelan
    started a topic I'm scared to prune...

I'm scared to prune...

I own acura-legend.com( www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin )

My forums have grown a lot since January of 2002. With that, a lot of posts, and a lot of members have been accumulated. I get database error emails a lot, and I was told pruning my site may help on space.

Some members register but never post(and probably never come back, much at least).

I've seen www.aximsite.com warn of deleting members that havn't been "active" in the past 3 months or so I think it was. If I deleted members from 3 months ago & on with 0 posts, would that help reduce space? I would love to do this if it saved space, but I would also love to retain my "registered members" count. Is this possible?

I would also like to delete unnecessary posts that don't belong. I'm confused on the pruning thing. I don't want to accidentally delete important posts.

I've been going through deleting certain old posts on my forum but it takes forever. Is there a way I can "prune" and view the contents of threads before I delete? I need to reduce space.

Please help. Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X