Question on Search engines and guest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Search engines and guest.

Hey guys, question for ya. I had the archive installed on my site about 10-15 days ago, it was submitted to all the search engines and all that. My question is, how long will it take for my archive to start showing up on the search engines? Also, If I have my board set to were guest must register to view the board will that stop the search engines from browsing the archive aswell? thanks

I can't speak for the search engines but apparently some of them take several months. Also if you don't allow guests to view your site, then they will not be able to archive it since they won't be able to access anything.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I can't speak for the search engines but apparently some of them take several months. Also if you don't allow guests to view your site, then they will not be able to archive it since they won't be able to access anything.
      ok thanks, do you know on average how long google usually takes or no?

Comment

No I don't. I imagine you can find this out on their site somewhere.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X