Backing up Database Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing up Database Issue

Works fine, up to a point. Then I am dropped from the database with an error.

Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM searchindex
    mysql error: MySQL client run out of memory

Always happens when it reaches the searchindex, or roughly 24 megs in database file size.

This is a server issue I should resolve with my hosting provider, yes? And if so, what exactly does the error mean? Is there an option to allow more memory in the MySQL database which they have set, and I've exceeded the maximum number given?

I just want to know what to say when I speak with them.

Syl...

What it means is that your system is running out of memory while trying to perform that operation. This is likely an issue resulting from performing the backup through PHP.

What you should try is to backup from SSH or Telnet, via the command line, using
    mysqldump -uUSERNAME -p DATABASE > /path/to/your/directories/backup.sql
    replace USERNAME and DATABASE with your MySQL username and database name. It will prompt you for your MySQL password after you hit Enter.

It will take a little bit, don't close the window, it will return to the command prompt once done. If it's successful there will be no confirmation or success; if there's an error, that's the only time you will see a response.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X