Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accidentally deleted (Mass Pruned) threads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidentally deleted (Mass Pruned) threads...

Hello Everybody:

I accidentally deleted (Mass Pruned) threads in a forum in one of my categories. It's a small forum but it had 28 very Very Valuable Help Threads & I lost all but 9 of them. Never do a Mass Prune half a sleep...

I have a recent backup, but I have no idea how to restore it. Can anybody point me in the right direction? There is numerous links throughout my forum pointing to these Help Threads for the Members.

If it requires anything related to phpadmin, could I possibly find a "vBulletin Team" Volunteer?

BTW: I'm beyond Technically Challenged, I promise you I'm telling the Truth about this!
    Thank You for Your Time!!!!!
    DJ5A

See Step 3 here to restore a db backup:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

Note, this will restore your forums to the state they were in when the backup was made. You will lose any additions added since then.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hello Steve:

Thanks for the Quick Reply.

My Problem is, I only need the Back up on the One small Forum in one catagory, it's a total of 28 Post. I do not have SSH/Telnet access. My Db is over 40MB, over 30,000 post.

Is there anyway to just restore that one paticular Forum? Help?
      DJ5A

Comment

I'm afraid there is no easy way to do this. It would require some pretty sophisticated MySQL queries and editing of your backup file and a whole lot of time.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hello:

Steve, LOL I think you have convinced me not to try that or I might hurt myself.

Would I encounter many problems if I just changed name of my Backup DB, install it via phpadmin, then change DB name in Existing forum config page...

That way I can shut down forum, change config page to reflect new DB name of backup DB then I can go in there & grab those threads? Then change back to original DB Name? Any problem doing it that way or should I just build Test Forum to get threads?
          DJ5A

Comment

How do you propose to 'grab' those threads? The only way I see you doing this is to copy-n-paste all the contents and resposting these onto your forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hello Steve:

You've convinced me that I can't restore that paticular forum to what it was before. So...

I'll do it the hard way, by Copy & Paste threads (19 total) back in there, then unfortunately I'll try to trace all the other post linked to them & change the Links.

I'm just looking for the easiest way to get into the DB & get info.

Thanks for the Info. Unless you know an easier way than I mentioned above.
              DJ5A

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X