Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Servers & Changing Hosts & Changing Domains

Hey All,

I currently run a vBulletin forum with the files located as a subdirectory of my main site. Ex: www.mysite.com/myboards

Now what I'm doing is moving my forums so that they have their own url and webspace Ex: www.mynewsite.com

Both my main site and my vBulletin forums are moving to a new host.

www.mysite.com is staying www.mysite.com
    www.mysite.com/myboards is becoming www.mynewsite.com

Hopefully that made sense. Now I have what may possibly be a pretty stupid question but I have to ask...

In reading the moving server instructions, I don't see anything about copying over all the php files and avatars and all the happy horsecrap that are installed on the vbulletin directory on the server. When the DB is backed up, are all the files that are on a persons site (those that are part of vBulletin, not my .html files ) also part of that backup or do I have to manually copy all the files in the myboard directory on my old server to the mynewsite directory on the new server?

What else will I have to do to get the forums up and running?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I searched the moving servers thread and didn't see any mention of all the php files except that you may need to update config.php....

Scott

what you need to do is this:

server a = old server
    server b = new server

Copy all your PHP files from server a to server b and upload them.

Get a backup of your MySQL data from server a and upload to server b.

Run a basic test like posting replies...creating new threads...accessing random downloads, stuff like that and try to download.

After that, change license information in the members area.

close the old forum on server a and delete all the files off it. delete
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X