JavaScript Popup - PM Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JavaScript Popup - PM Notification

I have not upgraded to 2.3.2 yet so I'm still running 2.3.0, but I noticed that ever since I upgraded to 2.3.0, members are no longer receiving JavaScript popup messages indicating that they have a private message.

I've double checked all of the settings as well as the templates that I believe are tied into the private messaging system and I cannot find anything out of the ordinary.

Any suggestions?
    Rob

Have you installed any hacks? Are you running the original vB files?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Have you installed any hacks? Are you running the original vB files?
      Steve,

The only thing I'm running is vbPortal and a couple hacks that I have always run for well over a year now. I haven't changed any of my files and if anything, as I've upgraded my vBulletin files with each new release, I've reduced the number of hacks I've added back in simply because it makes upgrading easier and I'm waiting for vb3 to go to RC.
      Rob

Comment

vBPortal is a major hack and makes lots of changes. If you reupload the original vB files and still have this problem, then fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am also having this problem. It has been working for several months up until recently. I did some testing and logged on as a test user on one computer and as the forum admin on another. While logged on as the test user I sent the admin a PM. I then went to phpmyadmin and checked the pmpopup field for the forum admin and noticed it was still set to "1". Isn't this supposed to be 2 now that the forum admin now has a new PM waiting? Furthermore, if I manually change the pmpopup field for the forum admin to "2" I receive the new pm box like normal.

Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by therisen
            I am also having this problem. It has been working for several months up until recently. I did some testing and logged on as a test user on one computer and as the forum admin on another. While logged on as the test user I sent the admin a PM. I then went to phpmyadmin and checked the pmpopup field for the forum admin and noticed it was still set to "1". Isn't this supposed to be 2 now that the forum admin now has a new PM waiting? Furthermore, if I manually change the pmpopup field for the forum admin to "2" I receive the new pm box like normal.

Ideas?
            I am also having this problem
            I upgrade my Fourms to vb 2.3
            then I didn't recive any popup Pm message
            and also when I upgread to vb2.3.4
            SO what can I do
            all the members didn't recive the popup Pm message

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
              X