Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New User activation problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New User activation problem

    I am running VB 2.3.0. I recently upgraded from 2.2.X (not quite sure which one at this time). After the upgrade, I am getting error messages that say:

    Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:

    Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO useractivation VALUES (NULL,'2567','1061915264','60930161',0)
    mysql error: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

    mysql error number: 1136

    Date: Tuesday 26th of August 2003 12:27:44 PM
    Script: http://www.hockeydb.com/vb/vb/register.php
    Referer: http://www.hockeydb.com/vb/register.php

    When I searched for this error in the support forum, all replies tended to be of the "you must not have run upgrade23.php" - but I definitely ran all upgrades, and to be sure, I even re-ran upgrade23.php.

    I doubt that is the problem, because the DB has an extra field compared to the insert statement being performed. I'm guessing it's "usergroupid".

    Notice that the script that is being called has a double-nested subdirectory; instead of /vb/register.php, it says /vb/vb/register.php. Of course, there is no /vb/vb directory on my server.

    I checked the column list of the useractivation table. It is:

    useractivationid [autoincrement]
    userid
    dateline
    activationid
    type
    usergroupid

    Now from what I can see, this is just bad SQL form, to not name the inserted columns, but that's besides the fact. Here's the line of code from the register.php script, right out of the v.2.3.0 zip file:

    $DB_site->query("INSERT INTO useractivation VALUES (NULL,'$userid','".time()."','$activateid',0)");

    It seems like it's inserting the wrong number of columns to me.

    I have not installed any hacks.

    Is this a known bug that I can easily fix?

    Ralph

  • #2
    Actually that error means you ran the upgrade script but didn't upload the rest of the php files. You need to upload the new php files from the zip file, making sure to overwrite the old ones.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jakeman
      Actually that error means you ran the upgrade script but didn't upload the rest of the php files. You need to upload the new php files from the zip file, making sure to overwrite the old ones.
      Strange. The copy of 2.3.0 that I have at work has different code than the copy I have at home. (I downloaded it twice, separately) Does that happen from time to time?

      Ralph

      Comment


      • #4
        That shouldn't happen. Of course, when new versions come out the code changes.

        Comment


        • #5
          I am getting the same error and sure enough, I didn't upload the .php files, only the upgrade files.

          To correct this, I must upload all the .php files under the "Upload" directory, including the ones in the sub-directories (admin, images, and mod) and run the upgrade script again?? Is this correct?

          Thanks for your help.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bud5636
            I am getting the same error and sure enough, I didn't upload the .php files, only the upgrade files.

            To correct this, I must upload all the .php files under the "Upload" directory, including the ones in the sub-directories (admin, images, and mod) and run the upgrade script again?? Is this correct?

            Thanks for your help.
            There's no need to upload your image directory again, just the rest.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by poolking
              There's no need to upload your image directory again, just the rest.
              Thanks 'poolking' for the reply.

              After uploading all the .php files (except the image folder) do I run the upgrades again? (I believe it was upgrades 23 - 24 and 25)

              Thanks for your help!

              Comment


              • #8
                bud5636, to get vB support on these forums you first need to register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please click HERE and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page. Thanks.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                Steve Machol Photography


                Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  bud5636, to get vB support on these forums you first need to register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please click HERE and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page. Thanks.
                  Sorry about that. I thought I had already done it but I forgot I changed my email address.
                  Last edited by bud5636; Thu 28th Aug '03, 10:28am.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am getting the same thing, do I have to upload all the files in UPLOAD, I have added a load in hacks into the software



                    I upgraded from 2.2.9 to 2.3.2

                    _____

                    Database error in vBulletin 2.3.2:

                    Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO useractivation VALUES (NULL,'239','1064627234','44178939',1)
                    mysql error: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

                    mysql error number: 1136


                    _________


                    can you help please??
                    Last edited by Moneybags; Sun 28th Sep '03, 10:50am.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You need to upload the new php files to fix that error. You might be able to get away with just uploading the new register.php file, but I haven't checked to see if that's the only file.

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X