Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I see who's online from the Control Panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I see who's online from the Control Panel?

I know that I did this at some point, but I have spent an hour trying to find it and can't. Isn't there a place in the Admin Control Panel where I can see a list of the users who are online... visitors showing as IP address? I used to use this feature in phpBB to determine if Google was hammering me. I couldn't find this by search, so I may have the wrong terminology.
    Mikey
    PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

No, this has never been a feature in vB. Perhaps this was from a hack you installed.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Bummer... I could have sworn that I found it in there. Oh well. I only have a couple of hacks installed, nothing like that. I don't want to implement much in the way of hacks until I go to V3.
      Mikey

Comment

Originally posted by mccollin
        I know that I did this at some point, but I have spent an hour trying to find it and can't. Isn't there a place in the Admin Control Panel where I can see a list of the users who are online... visitors showing as IP address? I used to use this feature in phpBB to determine if Google was hammering me. I couldn't find this by search, so I may have the wrong terminology.
        I was recently being hammered by inktomi bots, I identified them by clickinh on the Currently Active Users on the main index.php3 page.

This showed a huge number of guests with a very small IP address range. Banning the bots brought the bandwidth right down to normal.

Hope this helps.

Mark
        Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain

Comment

Originally posted by UKCobra
          I was recently being hammered by inktomi bots, I identified them by clickinh on the Currently Active Users on the main index.php3 page.

This showed a huge number of guests with a very small IP address range. Banning the bots brought the bandwidth right down to normal.

Hope this helps.

Mark
          Same exact thing happened to me. Inktomi was hammering me. Had to ban the ip.

Comment

I found a solution at vbulletin.org. It was actually pretty easy, and I was able to modify it to show me everything I wanted to see... better than phpBB's display even.

This should clearly be added to the product.
            Mikey

Comment

hey mccolin, care to share the link? it'll be great to see who's online on cp.

Comment

hack link

HERE is the link to what I did. Look at the last post in the thread for the tweak to the hack that I posted. This will give you a list on the admin control panel of who's online. Left column is userid OR ip address. If ip address, it is hot linked to samspade to show you who the host is. Middle column is what page they are on in vB. Last column is when last updated.
                Mikey

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X