Attached Image problem **HELP**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attached Image problem **HELP**

We did the server transfer and all the attached images in the posts dont show anymore , we can attach new images no problem but all of my users previous images which they attached to there posts dont show but are in the DB , how can i fix this???

Originally posted by Gez
    We did the server transfer and all the attached images in the posts dont show anymore , we can attach new images no problem but all of my users previous images which they attached to there posts dont show but are in the DB , how can i fix this???
    We edited php.ini file so that we could upload new images , but we still cant see any of the old images in previous posts.

Comment

How did you backup and restore the database?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        How did you backup and restore the database?
        I copied the db directory off the old server to the new server, and opend mysql check if the db is working, saw it was working, then ran repair.php , and everything works perfectly appart from the old images

Comment

Hmmm...I haven't heard of doing it quite like this before. I assume you have root access to both servers then.

Are you sure the attachment table still hase these files? Did you check the post table for posts that are supposed to have these attachments?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hmmm...I haven't heard of doing it quite like this before. I assume you have root access to both servers then.

Are you sure the attachment table still hase these files? Did you check the post table for posts that are supposed to have these attachments?
            I have root on both servers and that the images is definatly in the attachment table , what should i look for in the posts table??All the posts are still there , we jsut cant see the images that was attached to the posts

Comment

In the db, find a post that is supposed to contain a missing atachment and see if there is anything in the 'attachmentid' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

In the db, find a post that is supposed to contain a missing atachment and see if there is anything in the 'attachmentid' field.
                There is a attachmentID , but the attachments dont show

Comment

And is that attachmentid in the attachment table?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

And is that attachmentid in the attachment table?
                    Yes it is , thats why i dont understand it not showing the attachment

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment