Something that's bugging me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something that's bugging me!

I log-in using the administration account to the forum.

I go to a post and click on IP LOGGED and I receive this:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

The administration account is not a moderator.

Why can't the administration account of the forum view LOGGED IPs via a post?

I see them fine in the Who's Online.

Is there an option I'm missing somewhere?

There is no setting to view IP LOGGED under Forums & Moderators -> Permissions.

There is no setting to view it under editing the Admin account (userid: 1).

I have to log out then log-in with another account that is set as a Moderator to view IP LOGGED.

And no, I do not want to make the admin account a Moderator on the forums.

Shouldn't the Admin account be able to do everything?

Syl...

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> IP Logging Options -> Display but require administrator or moderator

Choose the second check box and save.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X