Clickable VIEW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clickable VIEW...

What determines the clickable smilie view order?

I've tried to figure this out and it's not alphabetical and it's not the size of the file. The problem is I don't want to show all smilies available (there will be a click to view more smilies link) but I want to be able to choose which of the smilies show without going to the link.

What determines the displayed smilie ordering sequence?
    :p -=Xube ®
    ...it's just technology

delete them all and upload them in the order of preference.
    My Sites :

Comment

Originally posted by pablo
      delete them all and upload them in the order of preference.
      Well that doesn't appear to be working. I deleted all smilies from the control panel and on my sites main file saving area,

...but when I start re-uploading the smilies, they start arranging themselves in any order they please (not based on the upload time order).

Anyone know what the true "hidden order of the smilies" is based on?
      ...it's just technology

Comment

Anyone?

Possibly a word from vBulletin developers or regulars? (I'm guessing that someone who wrote the orig coding might know what controls the display sequencing of clickable smilies?)
        ...it's just technology

Comment

Can someone address this question? I have the same question....

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

They're shown in the order they were added into the ACP. In v3 they're shown in order of the display order you set for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Loyalty4Life
              Can someone address this question? I have the same question....

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
              One thing I'll add L4L is that I was having problems getting the smilies to display according to the order they were added until used the "upload the smilies directly through the Admin CPanel" feature:

AdminCP > Smilies > Upload

Additionally this feature was successful at re-ordering the smilies into the new sequence I wanted ONLY if I first deleted the smilie file and any reference to that smilie file that previously existed on my (ISP) website area BEFORE I did the AdminCP based new smilie upload. If the old smilie was left up on the site (even with a different name ) my vB would leave the display order unchanged.
              ...it's just technology

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X