Possible Who's Online bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Who's Online bug?

Let me begin this post by saying that I used to be an active member of this community, but over a year ago I was forced by the owners of our affiliate site to shut down my very active forum to the public. I have kept it online, behind a publicly accessible index page, stating that the site had been shut down. I did this so that I could have admin access, in case I needed to view any messages, or to gather intelligence. I am planning to open a new forum soon, so I will be renewing my liscense within the next week.

Like I stated previously, this boad has been closed to the public for well over a year. I have temporarily opened it up so that my partner and I could have a place to plan the new board while we are raising the money for a liscense. I was posting this morning, and I noticed that we had 10 visitors on the forum. I am attacthing a screen shot of the Who's Online panel. It listed many guests, each doing things guests shouldn't be allowed to do, such as editing posts. Is this a bug, or is it guests attempting to do these things?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Joshua Clinard; Mon 11 Aug '03, 9:10am. Reason: Added attatchment

Maybe search engines spiders?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Page
      Maybe search engines spiders?
      I did notice all the IP's start with 66.196.72. Does anyone know if that is a known spider?

I remember reporting this bug a few years ago. I can't believe it has not been fixed! This is VERY annoying. I hope it will be fixed in vB3.

Comment

This is not a bug:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78063
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

There are also hacks on vbulletin.org that you can install that will either stop all search engine spiders from attempting to index your website or limit them to what they can.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I notice that on this forum the spiders are identified by google spider, inktomi spider, and so on. That's nice.

I just made a robots.txt to keep the spiders out of pages they don't have access to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X