Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1040 error, but I have unlimited mySQL connections??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1040 error, but I have unlimited mySQL connections??

I have recently moved servers, and VB ran smooth over the weekend. Then I received a stack of error emails:

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin :
    Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
    mysql error number: 2002
    Date: Monday 11th of August 2003 09:52:20 AM
    Script: /forums/
    Referer: 

And then, the host removed my account, as apparently it was using 90% of the resources. I had to convince them to put my account back just so I could stay online (and turn the forums off)..

I have searched for solutions, but most of them suggest that the max user setting should just be bumped, but my host seems to have unlimited anyhow: http://bangingbeats.net/phpinfo.php

My forums are not hacked in anyway, they are a clean install. I'm confused as to why the forums would cause so much trouble for the host, my forums are quite busy (usually around 60 users at once), but still I thought VB was really efficient it the way it was coded.

Please help, as it has caused my great trouble.

Thanks,
    Petar

This error means either MySQL crashed, it's not running or it can't find the socket. You need to contact your host about this. It's possible your forums are just too bust for their server. Here is more info on this error:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/a/Can_not...to_server.html
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

tho most of the email errors prior were:

Code:
      Database error in vBulletin : 

Link-ID == false, connect failed 
      mysql error: Too many connections 

mysql error number: 1040 

Date: Monday 11th of August 2003 11:35:56 PM 
      Script: /forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=5 
      Referer:

Comment

That error means the server has maxed out the number of MySQL connections it allows. You can try turning persistent connections off in your config.php:

PHP Code:
        // use persistant connections to the database
        // 0 = don't use
        // 1 = use
        $usepconnect 0
        But if you still have problems after that, all you can do is ask your host to raise the maximum number of connections they allow.

Here is more info on that error:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/T/o/Too_many_connections.html
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X