Attachments Not Attaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachments Not Attaching

Well, I have no idea, but I am unable to attach images or input avatars into messages on our version of vBulletin. And it seemed to happen all of a sudden. I upgraded to 2.3.2 and the problem is not rectified. Any advice would be great. You can try to post something at http://www.dirtragmag.com/forums/index.php. Thanks!

What did you upgrade from and which upgrade scripts did you run? What happens exactly when you try to attach images or avatars?
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Fri 8 Aug '03, 4:03pm.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hmmm. Well....I kind of forget what version I upgraded from. We bought the license in May of 2002 and never upgraded until this latest version. Everything was fine with the old version up until about three months ago. Then when I upgraded, I followed the directions stated in the Member's Area. I know...this probably doesn't help you much.

But the error message I get, as administrator, to my email looks like this:
      Database error in vBulletin 2.3.2:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO attachment (attachmentid,userid,dateline,filename,filedata,visible) VALUES (NULL,1,1060565202,'fluffy1.jpg', ...and then there is, what I guess is the code of the image...all kinds of whacked code.

You can get your own error code by trying to upload an image at:
      http://www.dirtragmag.com/forums/index.php

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

What are the last few lines of the error message?

P.S. Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment