will pruning remove attachements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will pruning remove attachements?

If I use the prune messages feature in ACP - will this auto remove any attachements in those messages. Or are those attachements saved somewhere and if so, where are they saved because I'm sure I won't need them so would like to delete if they are taking up space somewhere. Thank you.

Im quite sure that attachments delete but just have a look in your phpmyadmin just to make sure

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid-Host.net
      Im quite sure that attachments delete but just have a look in your phpmyadmin just to make sure
      I don't actually have a working copy of myphpadmin right at this time so can't check that. I guess I need to find out where they are saved to or something and check a different way.

thnx

Comment

attachments are saved in the database.
        You can access the database using phpmyadmin.
        Do a google search for phpmyadmin and install it on your server, its free

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid-Host.net
          attachments are saved in the database.
          You can access the database using phpmyadmin.
          Do a google search for phpmyadmin and install it on your server, its free
          Yeah thanks I know where to find it, I just don't particularly want to install it yet. - was just after knowing *where* the images were saved exactly so I could look myself.. no worries.. and thank you.

Comment

Do I need to raise a ticket?

I do not wish to install phpmyadmin - no matter how free or easy it is, I would like to know where the images are saved.

Comment

The attachments are stored in the database. The only way to view the database is through the command line or a tool such as phpMyAdmin.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                The attachments are stored in the database. The only way to view the database is through the command line or a tool such as phpMyAdmin.
                so are they deleted if I use the prune feature?

thnx

Comment

Well if you're worried about losing attachments you could install this hack:

http://www.vbulletin.org/hacks/index...ack&hackid=181

It moves current attachments and new ones to a folder you want.

Comment

Originally posted by good2laugh
                    so are they deleted if I use the prune feature?

thnx
                    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                      Yes.
                      Excellent - thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X