users can't post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• users can't post

Some of my users can post with no problems, but for some reasons other cannot. I'm just starting up and cannot fix this problem.

They fill out their registration, get the email activation, hit the link, it tells them they're all registered and ready to go.. and when they look at forum rules they have permission for nothing. and when they try to post they get this message.

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

or they are asked to login again and then they go thru that over and over. They are approved, one of the people is my husband and has administrator status, I've done everything to fix his account and he cannot post. What is the issue, what do I do???

http://www.dietpartners.com

One this same note.. I can login into their account on my machine and they are exactly how they're supposed to be. *sigh* all the permissions, titles, etc. are there, I can post no problem, blah blah blah.

which of course renders me even more confused..

Comment

This means that something on their end is causing the problem. How many people are having this problem? What browsers and ISPs do they use? Do they have any software installed that intercepts internet trafic, i.e., firewalls, ad-blockers, etc?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        This means that something on their end is causing the problem. How many people are having this problem? What browsers and ISPs do they use? Do they have any software installed that intercepts internet trafic, i.e., firewalls, ad-blockers, etc?
        So far only 2 users are like this.. I have 3 others besides me that are working fine... One user has the exact same system as I do, google tool bar w/popup blocker, XP, even the same model of laptop... IE6.

The other user is also running google toolbar with popup blocker, IE6, and windows 2k, however she also tried it on an XP system and it doesn't work.

I know that it seems to point to it being a user problem... but you'd think I'd have the same issues being we're all running the same utilities, browsers, etc.

You're welcome to come register to see what you get... *sigh*
        http://www.dietpartners.com

Comment

in the on going saga.. if I login from another machine, I can't post either. What type of utility, program, etc would cause this sort of issue?

Comment

You can post from your machine with your account, but not another machine?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can post from your machine with your account, but not another machine?
              Yep. freaky, eh?

Comment

Any thoughts on this problem? I've been up and down, inside and out the settings... I can't figure it out.

Comment

I have no reasonable explanation for this other then what I've already stated, i.e., that there's something on the PCs and/or ISPs that is causing this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I have no reasonable explanation for this other then what I've already stated, i.e., that there's something on the PCs and/or ISPs that is causing this problem.
                    I posted this message yesterday in the AOL w/cookies problem thread and it's still there... it is as follows

Originally posted by Kryssie74
                    I'm a newcomer to vBulletin (and php & mysql), but glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. Here's some things I've found along the same lines, hopefully some new info that can trip a trigger or two.

#1, none of my users are AOL (yet), just started.

#2, of about 8 currently, 2 have the issue about logging in and not really being logged in (i.e., they go to post, log in, then when they submit it, says they're not logged in).

#3, all users are using cookies, per their settings.

#4, and here's a key - I'm behind a router, hosting the server here (comcast/attbi). When I log in to the server using the local IP address (a 192.168), everything is peachy. When I use the domain name, problem occurs. I'm not sure why this is, as I said, most of the users can get into it fine using the domain name.

I've read this whole thread, along with everything else I could find these last two days, and I've done all the cookie deletion, etc., etc., etc. I'm hoping that this info regarding apparent DNS resolution/passing can point someone in the right direction.
                    Since posting that message I still have been unable to find a solution, I believe I'm on the right track, but another one of my users can now no longer post. She has been able to post this whole time, but now all of a sudden, nothing.

Any thoughts on all of this??

Comment

I have the same problem. How do we fix this?

Here is a detailed explanaition from various members:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...oblems+posting

Comment

Originally posted by Kryssie74
                        Any thoughts on all of this??
                        Sorry, no thoughts except what I've already posted.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                        X