Emailing Moderators Each New Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailing Moderators Each New Post

I know users are automatically emailed when someone replies to their posts (at least I think they are), but when does the moderator receive email?

I need some moderatering tips. I'd like the moderators or somebody to be automatically emailed with every new posting.

When I go into the CP and click on New Posts, it gives me a list of threads that I can validate or delete. I don't understand what this is all about. I don't if it's just listing the most recent threads...or why it lists them at all. It seems like all the postings don't require validation anyways.

Thanks for any help in advance

Originally posted by Geoff03
    I know users are automatically emailed when someone replies to their posts (at least I think they are), but when does the moderator receive email?

I need some moderatering tips. I'd like the moderators or somebody to be automatically emailed with every new posting.

When I go into the CP and click on New Posts, it gives me a list of threads that I can validate or delete. I don't understand what this is all about. I don't if it's just listing the most recent threads...or why it lists them at all. It seems like all the postings don't require validation anyways.

Thanks for any help in advance
    That means that all posts to that forum are being moderated and will not automatically appear on the board until you've read the post and validated it.

If you select delete the post will never appear on the board, click on validate and the post will appear.

If you are using vb2:

To recieve an e-mail for a moderated forum:

admin cp > Forums & Moderators > Modify > Click on edit on the forum you want to modify > Moderation Options >

Then in the boxes where it says email addresses to notify when there is a new post and email address to notify when there is a new thread, enter the e-mail addresses of your moderator(s) leaving a space in between each address.

Now e-mails should be sent to your moderator(s) informing them of a new post and a new thread.

Comment

...and if you want to turn off post moderation, go to the same place as above except set Moderator Queue and Attachment Queue both to no.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X