X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time zones and Templates

Hi:

Using VB 2.30.

I never noticed this before. A new moderator just pointed it out. The time settings for our boards always read GMT-6 Hours for me no matter what I set the time zone to in the CP. The time shown is correct for the server time zone, but it does not appear if the time zone template is working:

All times are GMT$timediff. The time now is $timenow.

The $timenow changes fine. Is the token "$timediff" correct because it certainly does not vary when it is changed in the admin?

I caught quite a few posts on this for VB 3.0, but could not understand the answers. Several people have posted this question, but I don't see any definitive answers other than to provide forum CP access offlist to a developer.

Can someone please explain?

$timediff will never change for you because the Server Timezone Offset does not affect the actual offset - what you have set for yourself in your User CP. $timenow will change as you change the Server Timezone Offset as it compensates for the difference between GMT, your timezone, and the server's timezone.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
      $timediff will never change for you because the Server Timezone Offset does not affect the actual offset - what you have set for yourself in your User CP.
      OK, but isn't timediff a variable? All of our members, even those in other countires are seeing that GMT - 6 Hours, which is confusing. Some of our more anal-retentive members and moderators brought it up. So I can explain it better, what function does the $timediff serve if it never changes?

Comment

What I said was $timediff will never change *for you*, and I should have added that is unless you change your personal timezone in your User CP.

If it is showing for everyone, then I assume everyone has set their personal timezone to GMT-6...as it relies on the user's choice to show that. Have them check their User CPs and see what their timezone offsets are. I would bet anything a lot of them are set to GMT-6.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X