Few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions

I am thinking about setting up a forum for my personal use and was wondering, would people be able to see the calendar notes i post?

And also on the page say - domain.com/forums if i have it so no one can register i think they can still see a drop down list of the forums, how could i like disable that?

And finally would the content i have with in this forum be picked up via search engines and if so is there a way to make sure this does not happen? As the stuff would be private!

Thanks

Anjam

Who says you have to link it from anywhere? The only way people are going to be able to know it's there is if you tell them or if you link to it...

Comment

Okay i know i dont tell everyone, but if people found out etc.

Comment

Simply set the permissions for every usergroup (except admin) to "Can View Forum" -> No which will disable viewing of anything for everyone. Additionally .htaccess can be used to prevent viewing.

Not to discourage you from buying another license but it's a pretty expensive thing to do to have a forum just for yourself...

Comment

Why don't you just use the private event option for these notes? Only you can see the private events you enter.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X