X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zfrank
    replied
    Originally posted by tthurgo
    That's a pretty impressive hack, however, wouldn't it reck the database layout when vb3 becomes stable/final?

I assume they are already using 4.x functionality.
    If you want update to vB3 uninstall this hack and change pagetext back to mediumtext. (uninstall-info also in readme.txt)
    But you must not rebuild searchindex , vB3 always rebuild searchindex after upgrade.
    I hope we see this hack also for vB3, maybe the update.php can be modified before update and we need not to rebuild searchindex.

Leave a comment:

• tthurgo
    replied
    That's a pretty impressive hack, however, wouldn't it reck the database layout when vb3 becomes stable/final?

I assume they are already using 4.x functionality.

Leave a comment:

• tthurgo
    replied
    Wow, thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• zfrank
    replied
    Originally posted by tthurgo
    The table "post" has a column named "pagetext" of type mediumtext, would it hurt if I changed the type to "text" and added a FULLTEXT index?

I need to implement my own search function, based on keywords supplied by our CMS to filter the database for posts/threads and link them to the current article.

Using a FULLTEXT index would greatly improve speed.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Look at vb.org, there is a mysql4-hack for vb2.x.x

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=51716

Leave a comment:

• tthurgo
    started a topic Q: changing data type and adding FULLTEXT index

Q: changing data type and adding FULLTEXT index

The table "post" has a column named "pagetext" of type mediumtext, would it hurt if I changed the type to "text" and added a FULLTEXT index?

I need to implement my own search function, based on keywords supplied by our CMS to filter the database for posts/threads and link them to the current article.

Using a FULLTEXT index would greatly improve speed.

Thanks,
    Tom
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X