Q: changing data type and adding FULLTEXT index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q: changing data type and adding FULLTEXT index

The table "post" has a column named "pagetext" of type mediumtext, would it hurt if I changed the type to "text" and added a FULLTEXT index?

I need to implement my own search function, based on keywords supplied by our CMS to filter the database for posts/threads and link them to the current article.

Using a FULLTEXT index would greatly improve speed.

Thanks,
    Tom

Originally posted by tthurgo
    The table "post" has a column named "pagetext" of type mediumtext, would it hurt if I changed the type to "text" and added a FULLTEXT index?

I need to implement my own search function, based on keywords supplied by our CMS to filter the database for posts/threads and link them to the current article.

Using a FULLTEXT index would greatly improve speed.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Look at vb.org, there is a mysql4-hack for vb2.x.x

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=51716

Comment

Wow, thanks a lot!

Comment

That's a pretty impressive hack, however, wouldn't it reck the database layout when vb3 becomes stable/final?

I assume they are already using 4.x functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by tthurgo
          That's a pretty impressive hack, however, wouldn't it reck the database layout when vb3 becomes stable/final?

I assume they are already using 4.x functionality.
          If you want update to vB3 uninstall this hack and change pagetext back to mediumtext. (uninstall-info also in readme.txt)
          But you must not rebuild searchindex , vB3 always rebuild searchindex after upgrade.
          I hope we see this hack also for vB3, maybe the update.php can be modified before update and we need not to rebuild searchindex.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X