Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MySql/database error??? Please advise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySql/database error??? Please advise...

I have the 'below' error message displayed when I go to my vBulletin. Can someone help me understand how to fix it (and how to keep it from happening again).

Thanks, in advance

---------

Warning: MySQL: Unable to save result set in /home/virtual/site2/fst/var/www/html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 93

There seems to have been a slight problem with the PCOS Message Board database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    ===
    Database error in vBulletin 2.2.8:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT username,userid,birthday
    FROM user
    WHERE birthday LIKE '%-08-03'
    OR birthday LIKE '%-08-04'
    mysql error: Got error 127 from table handler
    mysql error number: 1030
    Date: Monday 04th of August 2003 12:05:37 AM
    Script:
    Referer:
    ====

Your user table has crashed. To fix it you need to run this query in phpMyAdmin:

REPAIR TABLE user;
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

why does this happen? i had a similar situation after someone tried to stick a thread. just curious and would like to prevent these errors if possible.

many thanks.

Comment

It's impossible to know why this happened exactly but most likely it's either a porrly configured server or MySQL was stopped while the database was being written to.

FWIW I run 4 vB forums on my server and the last time a table crashed was more than 1-1/2 years ago.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X