• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading problem

I am upgrading from 2.2.5 to 2.3.0

2.2.6 was okay, when i try to go to 2.2.7 I get an error

Adding new column to session table ...

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

Refresh does nothing.

<!-- Database error in vBulletin :
    Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE session ADD althash CHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
    mysql error: alter command denied to user: '[email protected]' for table 'session'
    mysql error number: 1142
    Date: Monday 04th of August 2003 02:47:03 AM
    Script: /members/board/admin/upgrade20.php?step=2
    Referer: http://www.mickhart.com/members/boar.../upgrade20.php

I found a similar post but with slightly different source code details, the advice was carry on, is this the same for me or do I need to do something else.

Cheers

Sean

NOte Its worse than that, i can not get into control panel or the board, keep getting a message about there being a prblem with the database.
    http://mickhart.com/members/forum/index.php?s=

Any help urgently would be appreciated
    Last edited by sean1; Sun 3 Aug '03, 7:17pm.

Your database user does not have ALTER permissions in MySQL. You'll need to ask your host to grant you that permission.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve,

I have the necessary access but I am left with no access as such as I can not view my control panel or the board as I keep getting a similar error.

Does this mean reinstalling the board and then restoring the board from a back up.

This is the error I get whenever i try to go to the index page or the control panel.

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.6:
      Invalid SQL: SELECT sessionhash,userid,host,useragent,styleid FROM session WHERE lastactivity>1059964875 AND
      sessionhash='1e1ce5ac7c976a1359f94f9f73467201' AND (host='217.42.105.150' OR (althash='' AND althash<>'')) AND
      useragent='Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0;'
      mysql error: Unknown column 'althash' in 'where clause'
      mysql error number: 1054
      Date: Monday 04th of August 2003 03:56:15 AM
      Script: http://mickhart.com/members/forum/me...um/index.php?s=
      Referer:
      Last edited by sean1; Sun 3 Aug '03, 7:56pm.

Comment

If you had ALTER permissions you would not be getting that error. No matter what you want to do you'll need to get your host to give you those permissions.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry Steve not too sure whether I understand.

I got the error whilst trying to upgrade, upon your advice i have gone to the host who has issued me with alter rights. This does not help as I still do not see the board or the admin pag and get an error about the database which is different to that earlier.

Are you saying that I still do not have alter rights which is why my board or the control panel can not be see and will not show.

As would be the case the host withot commiting themselves on the phone said appeared to be a sofware issue as he changed my access rights whilst I was on the telephone to them.

The error on the page for the control pannel etc makes mention of a problem with a column, similar to what was trying to be inserted when I originally got the error.

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.6:
          Invalid SQL: SELECT sessionhash,userid,host,useragent,styleid FROM session WHERE lastactivity>1059964875 AND
          sessionhash='1e1ce5ac7c976a1359f94f9f73467201' AND (host='217.42.105.150' OR (althash='' AND althash<>'')) AND
          useragent='Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0;'
          mysql error: Unknown column 'althash' in 'where clause'
          mysql error number: 1054
          Date: Monday 04th of August 2003 03:56:15 AM
          Script: http://mickhart.com/members/forum/m...rum/index.php?s=
          Referer:

What is the easiest way to revert to what i had.

Reinstall from scratch the original board and then link it to the current database. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

Comment

You need to continue the upgrade process from the step in which you got the 'alter' error.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Still have error

Still get error regardingproblem with datatbase

Any other ideas.

Cheers

Sean

Comment

Becomming a night mare

I have tried to revert back to what was by using my backed up version of the board just prior to commencing the upgrades. This has disintegrated and is showing as 0 bytes.

This is the state of play I have my current database which will not work currently although is still populated with a lot of information.

I need to either upgrade somehow which is not working at present, or use that datbase for a fresh install of version 2.2.5 which i had before.

I am prepared to pay for this to be rectified, can you hel.

Cheers

Sean

Comment

I can't tell what is happening from your last two messages. My suggestion is to start all over again if you can. To do this you will need to restore the backup of your database prior to the poijt at which you tried to upgrade.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by sean1
                    I have tried to revert back to what was by using my backed up version of the board just prior to commencing the upgrades. This has disintegrated and is showing as 0 bytes.

This is the state of play I have my current database which will not work currently although is still populated with a lot of information.

I need to either upgrade somehow which is not working at present, or use that datbase for a fresh install of version 2.2.5 which i had before.

I am prepared to pay for this to be rectified, can you hel.

Cheers

Sean
                    Although I don't know if this is what you want to know. Make a current back up of the Database using the Mysqldump command(mysqldump --opt -u username -p password DATABASE > filename)

then drop all the tables and start over. I'm guessing the error you're getting that the table already exist. only a guess, providing there is not enough information given.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...light=Tutorial
                    there is a good source for DB backup and restore procedures.

Comment

Thanks to support and alls comments I have it sorted now I think.

Cheers

Sean

Comment

Working...
                      X