Force Email from Admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force Email from Admin

How can I force the option to receive an email from admins for my board? Because I have created a usergroup and I just want to be able to email that usergroup without a problem but some of the people in my usergroup have the option set to no.

I know i can manually go from each person to person and enable it, but is there a way to enable it from the get go?

You can set this to 'yes' for all your users by running this query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE user SET adminemail=1;
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      You can set this to 'yes' for all your users by running this query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE user SET adminemail=1;
      Steve is there somewhere where all these queries are listed? sorry if that is a dumb question. I actually wanted to set email notification as default to no. I'd rather the users selected that if they really wanted it.

While on the subject, can anyone recommend a book on php - would really like to *understand* what I'm doing. Preferably one that is easy to understand, just more would like to understand the basics. TIA!

Comment

Freddie posted some of these queries in the Sticky thread at the top of this forum:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29122

You can edit the registeradult and modifyoptions templates to make certain option the default and to hide the option from members.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Freddie posted some of these queries in the Sticky thread at the top of this forum:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29122

You can edit the registeradult and modifyoptions templates to make certain option the default and to hide the option from members.

I can't believe I was looking at that thread just recently!
          Thanks Steve N' Freddie

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X