Import a single UBB forum from wayback into VB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import a single UBB forum from wayback into VB

I have this one very large (35k posts) forum from wayback when Nachos was a UBB site, and it would be really groovy to surprise some of my longterm users with a blast from the past. Some of these posts go back to 1998.

Does anyone know, or could give SQL statement construction advice on how I might go about importing this data into VB 3.0.3?
    Saint Stephen
    Sysop, http://www.nachos.net

Depending on what version of UBB this is, you may be able to imprt into vB 2.3.0 using one of the import scripts in the Members Area.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I apreciate the response. I am familar with the import scripts, but I'm under the impression that they are all or nothing affairs, with no facilities for importing single posts or forums. At least they were when I did the initial port from UBB back in 2001.

I'm looking for a outside the box type solution here. I rather doubt a formal scripts exists for this sort of situation.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Depending on what version of UBB this is, you may be able to imprt into vB 2.3.0 using one of the import scripts in the Members Area.
      Saint Stephen
      Sysop, http://www.nachos.net

Comment

Sorry I misunderstood your question, You're right, there' s on way to import a single post. There may or may not be a an option to import a specific forum. It doesn't cost you anything to download the script and try it.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X