Switch Default User Groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch Default User Groups?

I did a search and didn't find a definite answer, so I'm asking again. Sorry if this has been asked.

I have 2 user groups. One is 'Registered' and the other only allows access to a single forum.

When a new user is approved, they are automatically tossed into 'Registered'. Is there a way to automatically put them into the other group instead? Basically I want the other group to be default (or at least selectable).

It seems like you should be able to choose the user group for the member you are approving, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

My other admins aren't familiar with changing user groups and they really want this feature to be automatic and I really don't want to take the time to set up an exact duplicate of 'Registered' then move all of my users over to it if I don't have to.

Make sense?

This requires modifying the code. You can ask over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This requires modifying the code. You can ask over at vbulletin.org.
      Thanks! I posted it over there. I figured it wasn't a feature since I couldn't find it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X